Critical changes to ACCA RAP OBU Information pack period 40 and 41
You can download the latest ACCA OBU RAP information pack for period 41 and 42. This article is to provide basic information on the various critical changes in the new information. You a check another article if you desire a quality decision to choose the appropriate topic, including tips on the suggested models or if you want a complete step on how to write a successful ACCA OBU research report.
- ACCA OBU RAP information pack 2020 -2021 expresses that the admission to the degree and exemptions now reflect the changes in English proficiency requirements. You have to be a registered ACCA student to be able to do the RAP and must sit and pass the FR, AA, and FM Papers. Oxford Brookes recognizes no exemption for these papers, and no exemption is given to the Professional Ethics Module.
- ACCA OBU RAP Information pack also express that the eligibility to submit a RAP is now updated recently to express that student can now opt back into the program if they did not do so when they registered as an ACCA student. Also, this is the same for eligibility for English requirement
- The ACCA OBU RAP Information pack period 41 and 42 retain the industry sectors for 2019/2020, for topic 8 and 15 due to COVID 19. The three accepted industries for the period are Automobiles & Parts, Media and Industrial Transportation
- RAP Assessment criteria in the ACCA OBU RAP information pack now includes the new OBU web address which also contains the necessary information for students, the web address is www.brookes.ac.uk/acca/for-students/project-submissions/.
- Finding a registered mentor if you don’t know one is now by sending a mail to ( email@example.com) as explained in the latest ACCA OBU RAP information pack
- Discussion on what a RAP mentor is and what is not acceptable as input by a mentor
- Appendix 1- RAP Assessment criteria have been explained in more detail to enable students to understand what is to be done to achieve a pass.
ACCA oxford brooks research report, OBU ACCA eligibility criteria, and graduation ceremony
As explained in the ACCA OBU RAP information pack, The OBU Degree is a 360 Bachelor’s degree which is achieved through a challenging Research and Analysis Project (RAP), which includes; i) 7,500 words Research Report ii) 2,000 words Skills and Learning Statement, iii) Excel Report iv) PowerPoint Slides (Max. 20) and if you have failed the research work before, v) Resubmission Statement. Please view this video resources on the benefit of OBU
All contents of the Research and Analysis Project pass criteria as below, must be met to achieve an overall pass grade for the project:
- Understanding of accounting/ business models
- Application of accounting/ business models
- Evaluation of information, analysis, and conclusions
- Presentation of project findings
- Communication (in Research Report)
- Information gathering and referencing
- Information technology
- Communication skills (in Presentation)
Appendix 1 of the ACCA OBU RAP Information pack is to be read very well to obtain an understanding of what needs to be done to achieve a pass.
Eligibility to submit a RAP
OBU ACCA eligibility are listed below as explained in the ACCA OBU RAP information p
- Be a fully registered ACCA student with an up to date account; you cannot submit the RAP if your account is suspended
- Be opted-in to the BSC Degree scheme
- Pass the three ACCA Applied Skills Examinations Financial Reporting (FR), Audit and Assurance (AA) and Financial Management (FM)
- Pass or gain exemptions from the other six Papers of Knowledge and Applied Skills.
- Complete the ACCA Ethics and Professional Skills Module (EPSM)
- Be within ten years of your first ACCA exam or first exemption date. Otherwise, eligibility will be withdrawn.videovideo
ACCA explains Eligibility in this video
Another video on the Dubai Graduation Ceremony 2018 | Oxford Brookes Business School
ACCA Oxford Brookes Degree Classification
Your class of degree will be based on:
- ACCA average exam marks in the skills Level papers
- Grade achieved in the Research and Analysis Project
The ACCA oxford Brookes degree grading will be calculated as follows as explained in the
ACCA OBU RAP information pack 2020 and 2021
– Average ACCA exam scores by taking the numerical average of the Skills levels paper Corporate and Business Law (LW) to Financial Management (FM), i.e., dividing the total marks by the number of Skills papers (e.g., 340/6=56.7).
-In a situation where your average mark is not a whole number, as above, the calculated average will be rounded up from 0.5 and down accordingly.
– locate your likely grade base on the average grade of your research report
ACCA Oxford Brookes Mentors
As part of the requirements to conduct and submit a Research and Analysis Project to Oxford Brookes, students are to engage a registered ACCA oxford Brookes mentors during the research process as explained in the latest
ACCA OBU RAP information pack.
Mentors have different roles, which is focused on both the RAP student and Oxford Brookes University. Part to the student includes the supervision of the student and the provision of support in preparation for the RAP by providing advice to the student at appropriate times. At the same time, the role to Oxford Brookes University is to confirm that he or she has been your mentor and that the RAP submitted is purely your work.
A mentor is not permitted to complete any part of the research work for a student; the research work is purely the responsibility of the student.
Students are responsible for finding a Registered Oxford Brookes mentor from the ACCA OBU mentor list who will act as their mentor and arrange at least three meetings with him or her; Oxford Brookes does not provide students with mentors.
However, the university has identified three categories of persons whom you can choose to act as your mentor:
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACCA) who is a full member
- Your tutor at any ACCA Learning Provider
- A senior colleague at work
Here is advice from the ACCA on how to choose a mentor in a video
ACCA oxford Brookes resubmission guide
To pass the Research Project, you must pass both the Research Report and Skill and Learning Statement as explained in the ACCA OBU RAP information pack period 41 and 42. If you pass only the Research report, you will only be required to resubmit the Skill and Learning Statement, with your grade in Research Report becoming the overall Research and Analysis grade. If you pass only the Skill and Learning Statement, you will only be required to resubmit the Research Report but will only be awarded a grade ‘C’. Both the research Report and Skills and Learning Statement will have to be resubmitted in a situation where the student failed both.
ACCA oxford Brookes resubmission guide is provided for students who have failed one or both parts of their RAP and is to be read together with the BSC (Hons) in Applied Accounting and Analysis information pack.
You can choose to defer your resubmission as it is not a necessity to resubmit at the next submission period, but resubmission is to be done within the 10-year eligibility period. When resubmitting, you do not need to use the latest financial statements provided you submit within the next four submission window and have not changed your research topic and organization.
A statement explaining how you have addressed the feedback on your mark sheet and responded to the markers’ comments is to be submitted with your resubmitted project, the statement must be in 500 words.
OBU Submission Fee, Key Dates, and OBU Submission Portal
The submission fee for period 41 and 42 is £420. Oxford Brookes has stated that results will not be released to the student for any project that fee is outstanding
The Earliest submission date for period 41 is 1st November 2020, while the latest submission date is 11th November 2020. BSC Degree results will be released 24th March 2021. while the Latest date for completing Ethics module 23 September 2020
The Earliest submission date for period 42 is 1st May 2021, while the latest submission date is 12th May 2021. BSC Degree results will be released on 23rd September 2021. BSc degree results will be released on 22 September 2021. while the Latest date for completing Ethics module 24 March 2021
Information about the submission process can be found at the Oxford Brookes website here
OBU ACCA contact
Visit www.brookes.ac.uk/Acca/ to obtain further information regarding the OBU Research and Analysis Project or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To check the eligibility of your proposed mentor, you can email email@example.com.
You can also call +44 (0) 1865 741111 to have a direct conversation with Oxford Brookes University/ ACCA Desk.